1. What information the Site collects
Information you provide directly to us:
You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the Site. However, when you register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact the Site, we may ask you to provide information, including:
* contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number;
* username and password;
2. How we use your information
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as editorial updates, information about your account or changes to the Site, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the Site such as surveys, polls, event and post creation, and message boards.
3. Information sharing
Norwayscope values your privacy, and does not share your information with third parties. We do not make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people under any circumstance. But please note that:
* We may employ third parties to perform Site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
* If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
* We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Site’s Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
* We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site. For more information, see our section on cookies and other technologies and third party advertising.
4. Your choices
Deactivating your account
You can deactivate your account at any time by visiting the preferences page for your profile. When you deactivate your account, your user profile will be disabled, but your public comments will remain on the site. The Site has no responsibility to take down, remove, or edit any of your public activities or any submissions that are a result of your public activities. For more information, please review our Terms and Conditions.
5. Cookies and other technologies
As discussed in the sections on cookies and other technologies and third party advertising, some information is collected about you automatically through cookies and other technologies.
* Cookies. You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made. These settings also may not apply if you are using a different computer or Internet browser. In addition, many third-party advertising networks are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To opt out of having information collected by NAI member companies used for behavioral advertising, to obtain information about the technologies these ad networks might use, and to view information regarding their privacy policies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
* Flash Cookies. You can control how Flash cookies are used by visiting the Adobe Macromedia site, located here. Adobe enables you to allow some Flash cookies from certain websites, limit Flash cookies’ storage capacity, and disallow Flash cookies altogether. In addition, if you use Mozilla Firefox for your Internet browser, you can download the BetterPrivacy add-on to automatically delete your Flash cookies every time you close your browser.
If you opt out of these technologies, you will continue to see advertising displayed on the Site, but the advertising may not be targeted to your interests.
6. Confidentiality and security
We limit access to contact information about you to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We also have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
7. Questions and suggestions